Tuesday, April 15, 2008

He's Here!

Well here's out latest addition, Beauden George.  He was born April 2nd to a very grateful dad, and an especially grateful mom!  Our little linebacker came in at 8lb 2oz, and 20 1/2 inches long.  The first thing he did was pee all over the nurse.  That's my boy!  He was pretty big, although smaller than most of us bet.  I actually put money on a ten pounder considering Mindy had gestational diabetes.  So afterwards when both Beauden's and Mindy's sugars crashed (down to 40 and 53 respectively for those of you who would find that interesting) Beauden went into the ICU for a 5% Dextrose IV to get him back up to speed for a couple of days.  Mindy got the same.  Now a newborn isn't the easiest IV stick, so when his first line came out at 1am the poor nurses tried seven times to get it back in until Mindy finally told them to put it in his head!  Then he really looked miserable!  


But now we're all home and doing well.  Beauden has that sleep/eat/poop cycle down that newborns are so good at, and mom and dad are used to getting up every three hours.  Oh the joys of parenthood, you'd think I would remember all about that.  And that kid can move some gas!  That's my boy!!!

I'm now in St. George doing my Internal Medicine rotation.  Love going down to St. George and having a really good experience.  We split our time between the clinic, the new hospital, and the old hospital's rehab unit.  I also have gotten to be the designated prostate checker...joy, joy.  Could be worse, well I guess it couldn't, but I keep telling myself that.  Going to be done with Rotations in October and can't wait.  All I have to do is pass my tests.

Hope all is going well for all of you!  

-Bartman

1 comments:

Jon and Brenda said...

Great to hear you made it all the way back okay. It was fun to see you guys again and hang out a little bit, thanks for letting me hijack Bart fora few minutes. Pictures look great and we'll see you soon.

About Me

My photo
Panaca, Nevada, United States
Physician Assistant, Audiologist, Assistant Scoutmaster, Napoleon Dynamite Impersonator, Exasperated Father