Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So, thought I'd share this with you all since I thought it was important. When I went in for my post rotation exam/paper/chew out session at school I was thinking things weren't going to go well. I'd been at Girl's Camp for three days with Mindy, as their designated medic, and hadn't studied as much as I should have. I also hadn't started my Surgery report (basically a History and Physical, commonly known as an H&P). So, amid helping cook, babysitting Beauden, and removing the odd splinter and taping some ankles, I got to study and write a 6 page H&P. Now the Surgery exam was supposed to be a killer. More people had failed Surgery than any other elective besides Emergency Medicine. So I was NERVOUS! I get up on the day of the exam at 3am, and drive off the mountain in the dark, headed to Sin City. After a last minute review (I know, I know, it was a cramming session, but I'm optimistic), I took the exam, and turned in my papers. I got my results from the exam back that afternoon: 84%, Fifth overall highest score in the class! WAHOO!!!

Then, a week later, I get an e-mail from the program director personally. This usually isn't good news. The last time I got a personal e-mail from her it was because I had failed my H&P and to redo it and pass or fail the rotation. Well, this time, it was to ask me if the school could use my paper as an example for the next class before they go on rotations. And NOT as a BAD example either! I'd gotten a 97%! WAHOO again!!!

Boy, next time I go to my end of rotation blood bath (which is what many of us call end of rotation exams) I'm going to go to Girl's Camp with some Stake for a few days so I get some a little extra divine help on my assignments! Note to self: magnify your calling...and you're wife's.

-Bart

1 comments:

Jon and Brenda said...

Holy Cow Bart. Those are amazing scores. Bell Curve Burner Bart is your new name. If anyone deserves the divine help, it is you. Good talking with you and Mindy the other day. Have fun

About Me

My photo
Panaca, Nevada, United States
Physician Assistant, Audiologist, Assistant Scoutmaster, Napoleon Dynamite Impersonator, Exasperated Father