Saturday, November 1, 2008

Break time

Well, tomorrow we're headed to the second happiest place on earth: Disneyland. What's the first? As my father in law would say, "Anyplace else."

This is a mental break for me so I can step back for a few days and refresh my brain, then hit the books again. I'm going to use this time to go over a few specifics that I'm still a little uncomfortable with, like EKGs. Example board question: "The EKG shows a P-R interval of .14, with preventricular phenomena, without Q waves, but with occasional artifact in leads II, III, and AVF, what would you expect to find on exam?" I don't know, SHOW me the rhythm strip and THEN I can tell you! Stupid P-R interval. Oh and I love how they refer to meds by four different names, yeah, gotta get back into my pharmacology book and memorize 100 drug names that don't tell you anything about what the drug can do. I think they send requests to the local insane asylum for gibberish, and then use them on new meds!

4 comments:

Dealsmaker said...

Have fun at Disney Land!!!

Nicole said...

Have a great time in Disneyland!

Jo-Mamma said...

Disneyland?!? Haven't you already been there half a dozen times in the past decade? Have fun! When do you come to Lincoln County. . . the second happiest place in the world? LOL

Brenda said...

I so wish we could have gone with you guys this time! We can't wait to hear all about it...have fun! (Love the newly decorated page!)

About Me

My photo
Panaca, Nevada, United States
Physician Assistant, Audiologist, Assistant Scoutmaster, Napoleon Dynamite Impersonator, Exasperated Father